The SlugMath Wiki is under heavy development!
Help:Long term goals
The following are the current long-term and ambitious goals for the SlugMath wiki:
- Mathematicians are found, to collaborate on development of mathematical content.
- Graduate students are found, to work on checking mathematical accuracy and developing assessment problems.
- Underlying semantic structure is strong and stable enough to allow semi-open training and development.
- Bibliographic management is improved and automated.
- An open license is established.
- The "history of mathematics" is set up and ready for development.
- A complete deductive development of "undergraduate mathematics" is available on the wiki.
- PHP programmers/consultants are found.
- A grant is secured to fund additional personnel and hardware needs.
- Certification standards are set, to form an editing checklist applicable to every page of mathematical content.
- Standards for pedagogy are set. Mathematicians are found, to work on skills and assessment.
- The deductive development of mathematics has been refined to the point at which deductive dependence is minimized.
- Every page of mathematical content has been checked for accuracy, rigor, clarity, and consistency, to achieve "certification".
- Numerous examples (structures) are given, for every definition and statement.
- Software is developed in order to easily reproduce the mathematical core on other servers and at other universities.
- Software is developed in order to improve exportation to PDF and LaTex.